50 Compostable 145mm PLA Knives
R69.95 incl. VAT
- Contains 50 x 145mm compostable PLA knives
- Barcode: 6 009881 088026
- Natural in colour
- Certified BPI compostable & biodegradable
- Ideal for picnics, office or school lunch boxes or take aways
- Packaged in a certified compostable bag
- A sustainable alternative that is just as durable as petroleum-based plastic
- This is a natural product, which has a 6-month shelf life
- Biodegrading decomposition explained simply on the bag
- 100% toxin free
Product Quality and Compostable Accreditations
To confirm BPI Compostable accreditation, please click here.
These knives are made from corn starch, which allows them to be compostable and biodegradable as per our BPI accreditation. These knives have been manufactured to comply with the following composting & biodegradable standards: EN 13432 | AS 5810 | ASTM D6400 | ASTM D6868.
These knives break down due to the exposure of oxygen, heat, UV light & microbial activities. When these knives biodegrade / decompose, they create carbon dioxide, biomass and water, which present no danger to the environment. No toxins are leached into the environment whilst decomposing. The ink used to print on the outer bag is a soy-based ink.